Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New adventures

Dear Friends and Family,

I made my first blog mistake. Grandma called and reminded me that Beth was born on the 17th. It is easy to remember since Mom was born on the 17th too. I just know that it was a Wednesday. Mom is still trying to teach me my numbers and she is always singing about the ABCs. This is a picture of me with Mom, Natalie, Paige, Anna, Aunt Bridget, and Beth. Mom bought us all dresses in China while Dad and I tried to wait outside and be patient.


I am learning a lot of new words. Mom tries to get me to talk a lot. She will say a word so I can practice. Last night, she said asparagus. I don't know what that is but I was sure that I was not going to say it. She tells me a lot that I am goregous. I like to just say "gor" and laugh at Mom. She is trying to teach me to cooperate with the camera so this is one of our practice pictures.



We had a really fun Christmas and were happy to have Dad back home to play with us. He is a little more crazy than Mom so I do things like stand on my car. Dad thinks that I could be a gymnast but Mom thinks it is a bad idea. She prefers dancing. This is our first Christmas picture together. Mom had Dad wear purple so he could match me in my new dress. We went out for dinner the next night and Dad bought me a new tool box at Sears. Santa didn't bring one and Mom doesn't like for us to share tools. Dad thinks that I am "crazy funny."



On the Saturday after Christmas, Mom and Dad took me swimming for the first time. It was a very big pool and much larger than my bathtub. Dad thought it was really fun and took us out for dinner at a new Chinese place. I also learned to say "book" so now Mom and Dad try to get me to say it all the time. Mom signed Dad up to take me to swimming lessons. She gets a lot of funny ideas.


Mom and I try to go to the library on Mondays and get some new books to read. It was too cold out to go yesterday and we stayed home from school today.

We had a race dinner with Dad and watched his race on Speed TV. It was really cool since he got 2nd in the whole country and he got to be interviewed on TV and say hi to Mom. If you want to see it, he has a tape but don't tell him that I told you.


I have to go take a nap again so I have to sign off. I will try to write next time about my New Year's Eve adventure at the zoo. Hank is already naping.
"Nigh nigh"

Lillie

6 comments:

AmyO said...

It was fun quilting with you!

Tracy said...

What kind of racing does Aaron do?

Beth said...

You have a racer in the family? Sounds exciting. It was fun to meet you the other day. Lillie is just so cute. I love the round Yulin cheeks. Hope has 'em too. :)

Your 'purple' photo is a great one.

Shelle said...

OK love the purple photo and dress and the xmas tree in the background is gorgeous- where were you?

And the chinese dresses- too cute! Can't wait to get Mattea in her cute teal one, I just love the color of it.

I had no idea Aaron was so good, well I should have known but wow- I'm impressed! You surely can't keep him from racing now- (sorry) gosh he's been on TV and all! You guys should get an RV and travel from race to race, wouldn't that be fun??? (I know you're gonna kill me, but I like to live on the edge!)

Tootles!

Cindy said...

I have updated my last post with a picture of dad in his race car!

Tracy said...

Very cool - I am sure Adam would love to talk to Aaron about his racing sometime!