Thursday, November 13, 2008

A note from Lillie

Dad posts pictures for Mom when I go to sleep. Mom usually falls asleep first and I just look at her red hair. After the museum today, we had some lunch and went shopping for shoes. Dad told me that I will have a lot of shoes living with Mom. I wear size 18 months already and size 5 shoes.
I have been teaching Dad how to buy things for me. You can see a Happiness Ball above my head in the next picture. It is made of rolled silk and is one of the things that my province is known for making really well. We didn't make it to the park again today since I like to take long naps. Dad said we have to go tomorrow since we are leaving at night to go stay at the White Swan in Guangzhou.

We went for a traditional Chinese dinner tonight. I have been loving Dad all day so Mom put me in a carrier and made me ride to dinner with her. We had to cross the street and it was the scariest thing that I ever saw in my life. Our guide tried to help us but it is hard to get 10 parents and 5 babies across 4 lanes of traffic and scooters everywhere with no traffic lights. Our taxi almost hit one of the scooters earlier today. Mom wanted to go back when she was half way across the street but when you start, you can't turn back. A car slowed down for us and another car squealed his brakes when it almost hit the other one. Everyone thought it would make a very good reality tv show. Mom drank a lot of Coca Cola for dinner. I am loving the pork congee and started to feed myself Cheerios. I have a full set of teeth but I don't really like to chew a lot. Mom bought me corn paste for lunch and there is no way that I am going to eat that stuff. On our way home tonight, one of the scooters got hit by a car and the police came to help.

My favorite toys are the stacking cups and the hard Care Bears. I prefer the Sunshine Bear over all the others and carry it with me everywhere. Dad is trying to learn all of their names and just makes up names when he can't remember. Today, we played this little piggy went to the market and dad took the other pigs to the store, church, and school. I still won't smile but I like to go places just like Mom. When we get home, we take off our shoes and socks and have drinks. I am taking my formula now in the morning and before bed. We are going to get my Visa tomorrow, go to the park, and pack our suitcases for our flight tonight.

8 comments:

MaMa Becki said...

Shoes will never be a problem, living with your mom and maybe MaMa Becki will teach you to love purses just as much!! You three have a good day!

theheartofachild said...

Sam and Josiah run to the computer to see pictures and new posts of Lillie each day. Then I hear, "Awwwww, she is SO CUTE!!!

Just want you to know that you have two neighbor boys that are VERY excited to meet you Lillie!! Me too!!!

Blessings,
Jenny

www.needhamfamily5.blogspot.com

Beth said...

Looks like you're having an amazing time in Nanning. I must admit I'm a bit "homesick" if that's possible. I can't believe it has been a year and a half since we were there. I'm enjoying all the posts very much. Blessings as you work your way over to Guangzhou...quick flight for sure. Thanks for all the updates!

Beth (MN Red Thread)q

Dan and Karen said...

You guys are such a cute family! I love your shoes all lined up at the door. Enjoy Guangzhou, we loved it!

Darcy said...

I love the shoe pictures. Aaron is doing really good with selecting the right pictures to put on. Maybe he should start scrapbooking! I think I may give MaMa Becki a run for her money with the purses. Auntie Darcy loves purses just as much. You can never have too many purses!! Have save travels and I will check over the weekend. XOXOXO Darcy

Tracy said...

You all sounds like you are having a great time together, and she is really warming up to both of you easily and quickly - that is awesome.

Yes, the streets in China are SCARY! I saw a couple accidents there that I really would rather not remember.

mom and dad said...

Hope your flight to Guangzhou was good. Lillie is becoming quite a traveler. We have really enjoyed reading about her and your travels.
Hank seem a little sad, think he misses you.
Sleep tight.

Shelle said...

OK so now I don't feel so bad about all of the shoes Mattea has!

Have fun in Guangzhou, there will be no shortage of shoes there!