Saturday, November 15, 2008

With Love from China

We have all arrived safely and are staying at the White Swan now. Here are some pictures from yesterday and today. We have been a little busy so are a little behind on our blog.

We never did make it to the People's Park in Nanning. Everyone else had to check out early so Mom babysat the luggage while I took a nap. Dad went to the park with my friends and took pictures for me.



These are some of my friends at the park with Dad. Kaia is going to live in Indiana and Lydia is moving to Kentucky.


Here are some fun pictures from the airport. I said, "Da" today and Mom asked our guide, Catherine, if it meant something in Chinese. She told Mom it was just baby talk to make her feel better. Dad thinks it was the first attempt at Dad.

Mom and I were very hot and tired at the airport. My favorite thing to play with today is Cheerios. I get to take them all out of the bag and give them to Mom. I put them all back in one at a time so it helps us pass the time. She must really like me because she lets me hold the bag.



Today, we had to get up early to get my picture taken for my Visa and go to see the Doctor. Mom has pants on me that are too big so some of the pictures look a little funny.

I am very brave and walked to the Doctor's office.

I am starting to have second thoughts...

I just knew this was a bad idea. This is all of my friends lined up to see the Doctor. We thought this was the line but there were three lines. You had to go to one to check your ears and another to see the Doctor. At the last one, we got weighed and measured. My measurements are a little off since I took my toys on the scale.

By the last line, Mom was getting desparate and let me play with a tambourine. It was likely covered in germs but she said today was a special exception. Dad is a little crazy about germs and makes us wash our hands all of the time.


On our way home, we found a new park. We saw more older people than kids at the park. When we walk around, there are new families everywhere. You just can't believe all the kids who get to go home soon!


Our hotel is right on the river so when I get upset, I get to look at the boats.


I am getting a little more brave and walking on my own. After I took Mom out to lunch at Lucy's, I took Dad for a walk. He is learning to walk slower and be very careful.

After my nap, we had a big breakthrough. I have been smiling for Dad and giving him kisses. I won't smile for Mom though and Dad thinks she might be sad. I finally gave in and this is a picture of me laughing and trying to hide from Mom. She keeps trying to tickle me. I show all of my teeth when I smile but I am a little camera shy.

We went to see the pool to celebrate! For dinner, Dad took us out for rice and I decided my toy of the day today is the Who Loves Baby book.



Here is one to get you to come back tomorrow. Mom and I are going on a shopping tour at the market in the morning. Dad thinks he is going to go but he might change his mind and stay behind in the toy room. My Going Home Barbie was waiting in my room for me today.

6 comments:

karamel0814 said...

All the pictures are too cute. It seems like she is warming up to you guys very well. I think she might be a Daddy's girl! Don't worry when she gets older it will be all about you and not that silly Daddy!

mom and dad said...

Lillie, you are just too cute...laughing, walking hand-in-hand, wearing your new brown shoes and jeans. Dad, you look good with your baby carrier too. What a nice birthday present for you both. All the family is watching. Does Barbie-Go-Home Doll have a race car (per Grpa?) Love to you.
Grandma June and Grpa. Larry

Jodi said...

Love the LILLIE posts! I'm so excited she finally is smiling, she is just adorable!

Darcy said...

I love that smile!! Braylon is with me and he told me, "hey she does the cheese smile just like me!" Just in case I don't get on tomorrow - have the best birthday ever Cindy! There is no gift ever that is going to beat having Lillie with you. Love Darcy

Shelle said...

Happy Birthday Cinny!

Seriously (as you would say) she is super cute! I was hoping for a big cheesy grin photo from her- yay! I guess I won't be photographing this child either, I was hoping maybe she wouldn't be as camera shy as Mattea.

You guys look fabulous- hope it's not too humid. Stay healthy!

Michelle

Tracy said...

I love her laugh - what a cute smile! She has gorgeous eyes, too - she looks beautiful in brown!