Sunday, November 9, 2008

Waiting for Lillie

We arrived in Nanning yesterday and are getting settled. Our flight here was a bit of an adventure. The in flight movie was in Chinese and they play it over the speakers of the plane so everyone can hear it. Our lunch choices were chicken and rice or fish and rice. We were excited to see fruit cups on our tray until we read the label. It was white fungus and pear with rock sugar soup.

The airport in Nanning reminded me of Mexico with only one luggage pick up so it was easy to find. The weather is very nice and the flowers are amazing. It started snowing on our visit to the Great Wall so this is a great change of pace. After checking into our hotel, we found a pink crib waiting in our room. It is made of metal and is no bigger than a play pen. The beds are twin and very hard so we will appreciate getting back to the comforts of home.

We went out to the grocery last night and found some drinks for our fridge. We are going to go back and buy some fruit and apple juice later. You can not imagine what it is like to cross the street. You really need to say a prayer and hold your breath. We saw families of three on a moped and new motorcycles are not allowed to cut down on the number in the city. We had dinner last night with two other couples. One of the couples had pheasant and duck. The other had things that looked more like home while we went with corn and pork ribs. I was excited to find that they served baked sweet potatoes and expect that to be a staple for the next few days.

We are leaving to pick up Lillie in four hours...

9 comments:

theheartofachild said...

YEA!!! We can't wait to see pictures of our new neighbor girl!!
The Needhams

Jodi said...

So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Cindy-

I am very excited for you to be able to final hold Lillie in your arms. The journey has been long, but I know it will melt away when you see her face to face the first time.

Best wishes.

Beth said...

This is so exciting! I'm so glad to read that you're figuring out your equipment. What a blessing. HEY! Speaking of blessings...you're so close to another HUGE one now. Can't wait to see photos with little Lillie in the arms of her Mama and Baba.

Shelle said...

yeah! I'm so glad you got into you blog- I forgot to check sooner- duh!

Aaron is one smart cookie- thank heaven for the internet!

I stayed up late taking a chance you might post soon but I can't hold out any longer since someone will be in waking me up at 7, rain or shine. Hope all is going well! Mattea is so excited to see "Cinny with lillo Lillie and Air-won"- it will be the first thing out of her mouth tomorrow morning!

Big hug!
Michelle

Tracy said...

So excited for you and Charlotte and I are home today so we will keep checking for pics of Lillie!

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaMa Becki said...

Cindy and Aaron-

I am so excited!! Grandpa Ronnie has been my strength and keeping me calm (not an easy job). He says that you are probably already playing with Lillie. I hope so! I want you to give her a kiss every day for me. I love you

Adam said...

Lillie yet??!?!?

How 'bout now?!

Now?!?

How 'bout now?!!?