Sunday, November 16, 2008

Taking It Easy

Dad went on the shopping tour this morning with us after breakfast. None of us knew that it was all shopping for jewelry. Our first stop was at the jade market where we found Mom a birthday present. Dad and I were a little bored and watched the fish in front of the store most of the time. Our next stop was a six floor shopping mall and it was all pearls and beads. We only had time to go to one of the stores. Mom took a picture of the lady that helped us. You can see all the pearls behind her in different aisles.

We had lunch again at Lucy's. I prefer the chicken congee now. It fills me right up and then Dad carries me back to our room for a nap. I couldn't make it home today since my belly was so full.




Dad met one of the shop owners today who wrote my name in Chinese for me. Dad has a hard time letting me take a nap since he prefers to play all the time.


Things here are pretty quiet tonight. The weather is just perfect and I am watching the race in Macau with Dad. Dad is letting me stay up late to watch it. Mom had to go do some more paperwork for me. See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

mom and dad said...

Chicken Congee? Hmmm...I'll have to get the recipe. I'm up early to see you, Lillie. Grandpa is still sleeping. We had 4 in the bed. Peek-a-boo by me and Hank at Grandpa's feet. I'm saving a spot for you. Happy Birthday Cindy! Isn't being a mother the greatest!
Love you,
Grandma June

MaMa Becki said...

I missed yesterday, so my friend Becky let me come over today and see, no way I could wait until Monday. The smile is wonderful! I can hardly wait! Grandpa Ronnie is keeping me calm, but I have to say he has his hands full! I plan on trying to call in morning, 5pm our time, but don't know if I'll get through, so if I don't Cindy, Happy Birthday and Aaron could you sing to her for me and give her lots of sloppy kisses! Maybe Lillie could help, I know this will be your best birthday ever! I'll sing anyway, even if you can't hear me! Love You All! See you on Wednesday!!

Tracy said...

Sounds like you are enjoying the idyllic time there as a family of three. I love it.

-- Tracy

Anonymous said...

Love all the new pics of the new family! She is going to be spoiled by alot of people when u come home. Cindy, i hope u have a happy birthday because this one is as special as they come! Travel safe, see all of u soon!

mom and dad said...

Thinking of you as you prepare to fly home. Bundle up, it's 23degrees in Minneapolis. Lillie, you have a wonderful loving family waiting for you. Can't wait to play with you and give you hugs.
Be safe.
Love, Grandma June and Grpa. Larry

Shelle said...

Won't be long now guys! Mattea is so excited to meet her new friend but I told her it would be awhile before Lillie was ready for us to visit. She likes seeing her photos every day and you two also, of course!

Michelle